CIC nanoGUNE: Pre Doctoral Researcher to work on DNA Digital Data Storage
|Sub Research Field:
We are pleased to offer a fully funded PhD position in the field of DNA digital data storage in the Self-Assembly group at CiC Nanogune. This project, in collaboration with Eurofins, is at the forefront of exploring the intersection of molecular biology, information technology, and nanotechnology. The selected candidate will join a dynamic research team dedicated to advancing the technology of DNA based digital memory. The PhD degree will be awarded by the University of the Basque Country (UPV-EHU) within the framework of the graduate program "Physics of Nanostructures and Advanced Materials".
NanoGUNE is a research center devoted to conducting world-class nanoscience research for a competitive growth of the Basque Country and is member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance (BRTA) and is recognized by the Spanish Research Agency as a María de Maeztu Unit of Excellence.
- Conduct research focused on the encoding, storage, retrieval, and decoding of digital data in DNA.
- Contribute to developing methods for DNA synthesis, storage and next-generation sequencing for digital memory applications.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, including molecular biologists, chemists, computer scientists, and engineers.
- Analyze and interpret experimental data, contributing to scientific publications and presentations.
- Engage with the wider Basque and international research community by participating in conferences, workshops, and collaborative projects.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Physics, Molecular Biology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Background in polymer physics, molecular biology techniques, is desirable, in particular, familiarity with handling nucleic acids.
- Experience in data analysis, programming, and bioinformatics is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative research team.
- A competitive PhD stipend/salary for the duration of the project. (4 years)
- Access to state-of-the-art laboratory facilities and computational resources..
- Opportunities for research stays at partner institutions in Germany, participation in conferences and involvement in international collaborations.
- Comprehensive health insurance (as per CiC Nanogune and EU regulations).
Interested candidates should apply by completing the form below and attaching the following documents in a single PDF file:
- A Cover Letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position.
- A detailed CV, including academic background and relevant experience.
- Copies of transcripts and diplomas.
- Contact information for two (2) references.
Application form: https://ow.ly/K4zl50Qs8vh
The deadline for applications is 29/02/2024.
For informal enquiries interested candidates are welcome to contact Ibon Santiago firstname.lastname@example.org or Alexander Bittner email@example.com.
Comment/web site for additional job details