CIC nanoGUNE: Post Doctoral Researcher to work on Nanomaterials for DNA Digital Data Storage
|Sub Research Field:
We are pleased to offer a postdoctoral position in the field of DNA digital data storage in the Self-Assembly group at CiC Nanogune. This project is funded by the European Innovation Council and is at the forefront of exploring the intersection of molecular biology, information technology, and nanotechnology. The selected candidate will join a dynamic research team dedicated to advancing DNA-based digital memory technologies in collaboration with the company Eurofins.
NanoGUNE is a research center devoted to conducting world-class nanoscience research for a competitive growth of the Basque Country and is member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance (BRTA) and is recognized by the Spanish Research Agency as a María de Maeztu Unit of Excellence.
- Conduct research focused on the encoding, storage, retrieval, and decoding of digital data in DNA.
- Contribute to designing and optimizing methods for DNA digital data storage in nanomaterials.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, including molecular biologists, chemists, computer scientists, and engineers.
- Mentor and supervise master and PhD students.
- Design, analyze and interpret experimental data, contributing to scientific publications and presentations.
- Engage with the wider Basque and international research community by participating in conferences, workshops, and collaborative projects.
- PhD degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Physics, Molecular Biology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience with hands-on wet-lab experiments, bioinformatics, additive manufacturing, nanomaterial design and characterization is desired.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to lead research projects independently and as part of a collaborative research team.
- A competitive salary for the duration of the project.
- Access to state-of-the-art laboratory facilities and computational resources.
- Opportunities for research stays at partner institutions in Germany, conference participation and international collaborations.
- Comprehensive health insurance (as per CiC Nanogune and EU regulations).
Interested candidates should apply by completing the form below and attaching the following documents in a single PDF file:
- A cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position.
- A detailed CV, including academic background and relevant experience.
- Contact information of three (3) references.
Application form: https://ow.ly/wvnz50Qsq8J
The deadline for applications is 29/02/2024.
For informal enquiries interested candidates are welcome to contact Ibon Santiago email@example.com or Alexander Bittner firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comment/web site for additional job details