Postdoctoral engineer in reactor development for sustainable fuel generation
|Sub Research Field:
CIC energiGUNE is seeking an experienced person to work in the development of batch and continuous-flow reactors for the valorization of CO2 and/or plastic waste to decarbonized products and in catalysis field. The designed reactors will cover heating by conventional and non-conventional (microwaves, induction etc.,) heating sources. The selected person will actively participate in the Pathfinder OPEN project WASTE2H2, which received funding from European commission and is dedicated to develop by rational design novel ionic liquid-based catalytic systems to tackle efficient and selective plastic waste deconstruction to fuels and other decarbonized valuable materials under non-conventional heating sources. The research will span basic to applied research technology for waste management.
• To improve synthetic strategies to scale up synthesis, characterization of novel catalytic system in collaboration with other team members.
• To design and set-up fixed-bed, batch, and other reactors under non-conventional and conventional heating sources to carry out and/or scale up the targeted reactions.
• To implement characterization tools to analyze in continuous the targeted reaction products.
• To participate in different facets of chemical process development, including technoeconomic analysis, and process scale-up.
• To work closely with the principal investigator and team members to maintain a high level of scientific productivity.
• To prepare, present, and report research results and publish scientific results in key peer-reviewed journals in due time.
Area: Thermal Energy Storage
DESCRIPTION OF THE INSTITUTION:
• WHO ARE WE? https://cicenergigune.com/en/who-are-we
• WHERE ARE WE? https://cicenergigune.com/en/welcome
• OUR FACILITIES: https://cicenergigune.com/en/platforms-facilities
• TES RESEARCH GROUPS: https://cicenergigune.com/en/thermal-storage-research
For more details on CIC energiGUNE's research activities please visit our website at http://www.cicenergigune.com.
• We are offering a 3-year contract and advantageous professional development opportunities with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds, and ongoing operational needs.
• Flexible working hours and with on-site work model with the option to eventually telework.
• Full access to cutting-edge laboratory facilities and characterization platforms.
• The incorporation to a top research center in Europe that makes high quality research and impactful contributions to the energy and sustainability fields.
• Professional and personal development: opportunity to attend seminars, international conferences, training courses, etc.
• Integrated, enthusiastic, international and multidisciplinary environment.
• A welcome program that offers help with finding accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment (such as free language courses, assistance with the administrative procedures, help with schools for children…).
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us
Comment/web site for additional job details
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants are invited to submit their applications including a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae, a recommendation letter and their academic records at:
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.