Postdoctoral researcher in electrolyzer design and engineering
|Sub Research Field:
The Hydrogen electrocatalysis group at CIC energiGUNE is recruiting a researcher with expertise on water electrolyzers. The postdoctoral position is offered in the framework of the creation of the new hydrogen group. The candidate will be part of a multidisciplinary environment at CIC energiGUNE and will work in close collaboration with postdocs and PhD students in the research centre.
The general aims of the project are:
• Design of new electrolyzer cell concepts and geometries.
• Optimization of electrochemical processes such as metal electroplating and output gas collection.
• Cell modelling and simulations
• Electrochemical characterization of solid electrolyte-electrode interfaces.
• Dissemination of the results in project meetings, publications, participating in conferences, etc
Area: Electrochemical energy storage (EES)
Research group: Electrochemical hydrogen technologies
DESCRIPTION OF THE INSTITUTION:
• WHO ARE WE? https://cicenergigune.com/en/who-are-we
• WHERE ARE WE? https://cicenergigune.com/en/welcome
• OUR FACILITIES: https://cicenergigune.com/en/platforms-facilities
• EES RESEARCH GROUPS: https://cicenergigune.com/en/electrochemical-storage-research-groups
For more details on CIC energiGUNE's research activities please visit our website at http://www.cicenergigune.com.
• We are offering a 3-year contract and advantageous professional development opportunities with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds, and ongoing operational needs.
• Flexible working hours and with on-site work model with the option to eventually telework.
• Full access to cutting-edge laboratory facilities and characterization platforms.
• The incorporation to a top research center in Europe that makes high quality research and impactful contributions to the energy and sustainability fields.
• Professional and personal development: opportunity to attend seminars, international conferences, trainings, etc.
• Integrated, enthusiastic, international and multidisciplinary environment.
• A welcome program that offers help with finding accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment (such as free language courses, assistance with the administrative procedures, help with schools for children…).
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us
Comment/web site for additional job details
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants are invited to submit their applications including a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae, a recommendation letter and their academic records at:
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.