Laboratory Technician for Instrumentation and Service in Surface Analysis Unit
|Sub Research Field:
CIC energiGUNE is seeking a Laboratory Technician to work at the Surface Analysis Platform. She/he will join an enthusiastic team of researchers in charge of cutting-edge instruments and techniques, supporting the maintenance and operation of different ultra-high-vacuum (UHV) instruments and providing internal and external service.
• Operation of the UHV instruments, dedicated to the coating and analysis of sample surfaces.
• Support the maintenance, calibration, design and upgrades of the instruments.
• Preparation and manipulation of samples for different instruments and techniques, mainly comprising Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) and X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy analysis (XPS).
• Keep the laboratories clean and tidy and ensure the correct functioning of the instruments.
• Management of the lab supply, ensuring the platform has all the material necessary for fluent work.
• Support preparing written reports and technical documentation.
• Give support to different research lines/groups and projects, making measurements or preparing samples for them.
Research group: Surface Analysis Unit
DESCRIPTION OF THE INSTITUTION:
• WHO ARE WE? https://cicenergigune.com/en/who-are-we
• WHERE ARE WE? https://cicenergigune.com/en/welcome
• OUR FACILITIES: https://cicenergigune.com/en/platforms-facilities
For more details on CIC energiGUNE's research activities please visit our website at http://www.cicenergigune.com.
• 12-months contract and professional development opportunities.
• Flexible working hours and with on-site work model with the option to eventually telework.
• Full access to cutting-edge laboratory facilities and characterization platforms.
• The incorporation to a top research center in Europe that makes high quality research and impactful contributions to the energy and sustainability fields.
• Professional and personal development: opportunity to attend seminars, international conferences, trainings, etc.
• Integrated, enthusiastic, international and multidisciplinary environment.
• A welcome program that offers help with finding accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment (such as free language courses, assistance with the administrative procedures, help with schools for children…).
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us
Comment/web site for additional job details
All applicants are invited to submit their applications including a detailed curriculum vitae at this website:
The selection process ends once a candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.