CIC nanoGUNE: Post-doctoral Researcher on Paper-based packaging materials
|Sub Research Field:
NanoGUNE is a research center devoted to conducting world-class nanoscience research for a competitive growth of the Basque Country. NanoGUNE is a member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance (BRTA) and is recognized by the Spanish Research Agency as a María de Maeztu Unit of Excellence.
The position is offered in the Nanomaterials Group, led by Mato Knez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Nanomaterials research group has a strong focus on vacuum based thin film deposition methods. The group has an immediate opening for a Postdoctoral coworker. We are searching for a highly motivated and creative person with a solid materials science/engineering, chemical, physical, or related background and skills in materials fabrication and characterization. Prior experience in vapor phase processing, thin film coating and physicochemical characterization are considered beneficial. More information can be found at https://www.nanogune.eu/nanomaterials.
Requirements for this position are:
* suitable scientific education, a doctoral degree in materials science/engineering, chemistry, physics, or similar.
* hands-on experience in one or more of the following techniques: FTIR, SEM-EDX, mechanical testing, wetting properties, biocompatibility/antimicrobial activity.
* good English communication skills for a work in a dynamic and international environment.
Responsibilities will include:
* interaction with our industrial partner
* process design and materials processing
* process optimization and planning of industrial adaptation of the processes
We promote teamwork in a diverse and inclusive environment and welcome all kinds of applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
We will offer a competitive salary commensurable to educational qualifications and working experience of the candidate. This position is envisioned for two years, pending approval of the grant for the second year and will be filled April 1st 2023 or thereafter as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Candidates should apply by completing the form below and attaching the following documents. Any questions regarding the open position can be addressed to Mato Knez (email@example.com):
* A complete CV
* A cover letter and at least two reference letters grouped in a single PDF file
Application link: https://www.nanogune.eu/en/nanogune/join-us/open-position/372-post-doctoral-researcher-paper-based-packaging-materials
The deadline for applications is 27/03/2023.
Comment/web site for additional job details