|Sub Research Field:|
An academic/industry Predoctoral researcher position is offered within the IKERDATA SL team at ZITEK, UPVEHU Rectorate Building, Leioa, Greater Bilbao, Basque Country. The predoctoral researcher will work on the development of Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning (AI/ML) Chemoinformatics models for the prediction of new materials, nanoparticles, etc. Special emphasis will be on the development of new drug release systems for the treatment of cancer and/or inflammatory diseases. The students will collaborate be hired by IKERDATA SL and will participate in research projects in collaboration with our partners of FAES FARMA company and BCMATERIALS center.
- Project: IKERDATA-INVESTIGO AI/ML New Materials and Drug Discovery Program.
Funders: NextGenerationEU, European Commission, Lanbide, Eusko Jaurlaritza.
Principal Investigator (PI): Prof. Humbert G. Díaz, Total Budget: 264K Eur already available.
- We offer full time contract of 2 years 33K Eur by year, to cover salary and taxes plus benefits like social security, medical insurance, employment insurance, etc.
- Researchers must be resident in Esukadi, registered in Lanbide Basque country employment service as job seekers, have work permit, and hold MSc degree in Organic Chemistry, Pharmacology, Computational sciences, Applied Physics, Materials Sciences, or related areas. Application to job must be by the website of Lanbide employment service however prospective candidates can contact us at email@example.com .
- Ikerdata Investigo Researchers must enroll in 2022 or be already enrolled in a PhD program under direct supervision of UPV/EHU Ikerbasque professors or researchers who are founder partners of our company.
- The predoctoral researcher will work in a PhD thesis projects in Computational sciences, Machine Learning, and Chemoinformatics, applied to Materials Sciences and Nanotechnology, etc.
- PhD thesis projects will contribute to collaborations of our company with researchers from FAES FARMA, BCMATERIALS, BIOFISIKA Fundación Biofísica Bizkaia / Biofisika Bizkaia Fundazioa, etc.
- Ikerdata Investigo Researchers will be requested to write / submit applications to other calls like projects, grants, scholarships, etc. attracting extra-mural funds in order to ensure the continuation of their positions.
-Additionally, each researcher will manage one MOL2NET Conference congress under supervision of a chairperson.
- IKERDATA S.L. will be the direct and only employer for 2 years, work modality will be hybrid in person/on line, our headquarters are in the UPV/EHU rectorate building, Leioa, Greater Bilbao.
- Predoctoral researchers are expected to pass during the contract at least one international research stay of at least 3 months abroad. Researcher stays will focus toward obtaining international PhD mentions. At least one stay in our collaborating groups of North Dakota State University, European Bioinformatics Institute | EMBL-EBI Cambridge UK, University of Portsmouth, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Universidade do Porto, etc., will be mandatory.
social security, public medical insurance, employment insurance, vacation days, parental leave
|Research Framework Programme/
Marie Curie Actions
|SESAM Agreement Number|
|Type of Contract||Temporary|
|Hours Per Week|
|Street||IKERDATA S.L., ZITEK, UPV/EHU Rectorate Building, no 6, Leioa, Greater Bilbabo, 48940, Basque Country, Spain|
|Envisaged Job Starting Date||2022-10-31|
|How To Apply||website|