|Sub Research Field:|
CIC energiGUNE is seeking for three experienced postdocs to work in a challenging and novel project focused on green H2 production by thermo-chemical water splitting activated through non-conventional heating (microwave and magnetic)
The project requires a multidisciplinary approach combining chemical, physical and engineering disciplines in order to reach successfully the objectives set, one above the others the efficient production of Green Hydrogen under mild conditions (low temperature) and preferentially using industrial wastes as primary feedstock (contribution to environmental protection and circular economy).
The main pillars of the project are listed below:
• In deep development and characterization of tailor-made reactive materials with maximized performance for thermal water splitting under non-conventional heating.
• The study of industrial residuals with promising chemical compositions with potential application in thermal water splitting under non-conventional heating.
• Evaluation of materials performance (vs. thermal water splitting) in terms of hydrogen production efficiency, reversibility and cyclability when subjected to non-conventional activation techniques.
• The implementation of a strategy for materials improvement to maximize the reactivity when the materials do not show the desired behaviour (e.g., tuning the microstructure, adding dopants, etc.)
• Fundamental understanding and evaluation of the key parameters affecting the efficiency of the process with the final aim to control it.
All in all, this is a very ambitious project since thermo-chemical water splitting under non-conventional heating is still at a very initial stage. Therefore, the selected postdocs must show the commitment, dedication and passion in facing these exciting and new challenges.
The candidates will have the chance to work in a multidisciplinary environment composed by Chemists, Physicists and Engineers having the possibility to extend their knowledge approaching the research under different points of view.
• To select industrial waste with potential application in the studied application
• To develop tailor-made reactive materials for the studied application
• To full characterize the selected industrial waste and prepared materials
• To perform experimental validation of the industrial waste and prepared materials
• To understand and correlate the materials performance with the material characteristics and the heating source
• To collaborate actively with other team members
• To generate new ideas within the frame of the topic
We are offering a 36 months contract and advantageous professional development opportunities and a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment.
Access to a complete set of existing laboratory infrastructure and equipment, as well as to the needs identified during the project development to ensure a fruitful stay and the fulfillment of the objectives in due time.
Integration in an enthusiastic and multidisciplinary young group with great projection and commitments with sustainability and research quality.
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us
All applicants are invited to submit their applications including a detailed curriculum vitae and two cover letters at this website:
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
|Research Framework Programme/
Marie Curie Actions
|SESAM Agreement Number|
|Type of Contract||Temporary|
|Researcher profile||Recognised Researcher (R2), Established Researcher (R3)|
|Hours Per Week||40|
|Organization/Institution Type||Research Laboratory|
|Street||Albert Einstein 48|
|Phone||+ 34 945 297 108|
|Envisaged Job Starting Date||2022-09-01|
|How To Apply||website|
• PhD in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical engineering, Applied Physics or related fields